Thursday, April 18, 2013

Another Hit

I'm not sure that I will be able to successfully express what's going on
in my head right now, but I will certainly try my best.
I am feeling heart broken, sad, happy,
blessed and grateful after this week.
Like any other year, the Boston Marathon was going great.
Runners from all over the world were participating.
 But little did anyone know,
it wouldn't end like they were hoping. 
Unfortunately, America has taken another hit.
Three of four bombs went off,
killing two people at the scene and leaving hundreds injured,
of which many are in critical condition.
So my heart is aching for the people that were 
affected by this awful event.
We live in a sad sad sad world..
You might be wondering how in this world am I am also feeling happy,
 blessed and grateful on a day like that.
I am feeling happy because I am so blessed 
enough to be close to my family today...
To be able to give them tight hugs, 
and to know that they are all safe.
 And for that I am extremely grateful.
I am grateful to know that in order for things to get better,
they must first get worse.
I am blessed to know that my Heavenly Father has a plan.
He knows what he's doing.
And although it may, at times, be scary to not know 
what's gonna happen, 
I am comforted by knowing that he knows me and has a plan for me.
My prayers go out to those in Boston.
I pray that they might find out who is responsible for this.
I cannot even imagine what some may being going through.
We read a story of a participant who was running,
and as a result of the bombs,
he lost both legs.. I just can't imagine...
What it would be like to listen to a doctor telling
me that I would never be able to sing ever again.
Dieter F. Uchtdorf said,
"Please understand that what you see and experience now,
is not what forever will be." 
And I think that can bring us a great amount of comfort right now.
Let us all keep the faith to carry on and to be united as a country.

No comments:

Post a Comment