Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A GOOD DAY

Because of the world we live in,
with the natural disasters, and tragedies,
I think we can all, at times, have a hard time finding 
good days coming our way.

Today was senior skip day!
A day well worth waiting for.

The day began with sleeping in which is always nice.
I woke up feeling good,
knowing that my God had given me a full nights rest.

I woke up to a clean room, and a bright shining sun.

I was meeting Anna and Sarah at 11:00 to go bowling
to finish up the last of my class.
And not going to lie, I was pretty bummed that I was gonna have
to spend Senior Skip Day doing homework.
At least that was the plan.

But anyone who has ever had a good day
knows that they never goes as planned
because they are filled with adventure
and some of the greatest memories and happiness can come from
things unplanned.

Although, I usually drag my feet bowling because,
lets be honest,
i'm just not a good bowler,
I was actually very excited to do something with Anna and Sarah.

Walking out of the house, 
I was already late meeting them, 
and had full arms.
I managed to unlock and open the door to my car,
and just as I was about to put my stuff down, 
a small dog that had been wondering ours and a few
neighbors front yards, was right at my feet and jumped right 
into my car!
At first I was like "What the?!"
but I picked her up and took her inside and my mom and I
decided to take her up to the street to the address that was on her collar.
Boy was she cute or what!
But I was happy to give her back to her family before they realized she was gone and began to worry.

Much later than we had planned,
Sarah, Anna, and I all headed to the bowling alley
to finish up this dumb class of mine.
But we had a blast,
with lots of laughter, pictures and mentos.

We then headed to the shops at Briargate for some lunch.
We sure do love Panera Bread.
It is so yummy!
But after eating and visiting for a while we
decided to walk around the shops.

We went into a store called Francesca's
which is a small little boutique with really cute clothes,
and jewelry, and just little trinkets.
(Which by the way happens to be hiring and doing interviews this week,
so I picked up an application and turned it in. So hopefully i'll get a call! I'll let you know.)
It's basically pinterest but all in a store less than 15 miles away from home.
The small homey type of store.
You know what im talking about??
After trying on dress after dress,
we headed out so that we could get Sarah to her 
job interview at American Eagle by 3:30.
We were about to walk out when we saw that it was blizzarding outside!!
It was crazy!
(Member I woke up to sunshine? It was supposed to be nice today!
I think that being a Colorado weatherman is the only job that you can be hundred percent wrong
a hundred percent of the time, and still keep your job! Seriously! Haha)
So there we were at the front of the store,
planning out how we were gonna get to the car,
as we were in capris, sandals, and of course no jackets.
We decided to just go for it.
It wouldve worked if my phone didnt fall out of my pocket!
It fell out and as it hit the ground the back of it fell off,
and the battery fell out!
Anna yells, 
"Stacey your phone!!"
I turn around and realize its in the three pieces in the street,
so I run back to pick it up and just as im about to get to it, 
the back and my battery begin to blow away because of the wind!
(I am seriously dying from laughter right now, I just still cant believe how funny this whole scene was to us!
I cant imagine what it looked like from a strangers perspective!)
So I scream, "Oh no!"
and Sarah who I guess was clueless to this whole thing was like
"What??"
I get to my phone and catch the battery before it got too far,
but the back to my phone was literally flying through the air like a kite!
So im sprinting after it, screaming, and Sarah is running after me, screaming!
All in the snow that is coming down so hard,
it seriously might as well have been a blizzard.
Im sure it was just quite the scene.
So I chased my phone back all the way across the parking lot,
and Sarah finally yells,
"What are we doing?! What are you even looking for?!"
And I yell back to her that the wind picked up the back to my phone,
as we reach the street.
We are standing in the grass looking at the street as cars are coming
both ways.
But both cars coming from each direction stopped out of confusion
because these two girls in capris, sandals and no jackets,
are so carefully trying to examine the road even though
we couldnt even keep our eyes open because there
was SO MUCH SNOW!
Sarah finally saw it on the other side of the road and
ran to pick it up and we book it back to car,
which is on the other side of the parking lot.
Running against the wind in our sandals and laughing hysterically about
the whole situation made it
extremely difficult to make it back to the car quickly.
When we did make it back to the car,
anna was just sitting in the back seat texting!
Hahaha it may not be very funny,
but the whole thing was absolutely hilarious!
Tears are in my eyes from laughing right now.

Anyways,
we got Sarah to her interview
and she felt really good about it afterwards so hopefully
she gets it.
We then took Anna to work at Chick la fe, 
and decided to head home after
quite the eventful afternoon.

Even though the original plan to spend the whole day doing homework
didnt happen, 
I am so glad that I got to spend the day with my two best friends.

All through high school we have said
that we will be 
"Best Friends To The End."
The "end" being the end of high school.
But I know that there really wont be an end to our friendship.
Our friendship will last well into the rest of our lives,
and years from now we will be telling our kids of 
all the crazy things that we did,
like the time that we got lost and drove around for almost 
five hours looking for a hike only to find out that it's only 
40 minutes away from our house,
Our trip to New York City,
and of course running all the way across a parking lot trying to catch the
back of my phone.
There's a quote that I just love,
"Memorires last forever, never do they die. Friends stay together, never say goodbye." - Unknown

So even though we are all going to seperate colleges, 
I am so excited to see where they end up in
life and to celebrate with them the accomplishements that come their way,
for they are truly two of the greatest friends that I have ever had.

As you can tell,
it didnt go as planned,
but today was
A GOOD DAY.

And I dont think I could ask for anything more.





No comments:

Post a Comment