I know I say it everytime,
but I truly hate that life gets so crazy that I dont even have time to blog!
[NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: Blog at least once a week, ending the year with 52 posts!]
So as I said in the post "Call Me Maybe??"
I got called back for the Spring musical "Honk!"
I got called back for the lead role, Ida.
She is Ugly's mother.
And I was nervous once we got into callbacks,
mainly because I was called back my sophomore year for
"Little Shop of Horrors"
and then ended up in the chorus.
And I went up against Gabriella Mena,
she is new junior at DCC this year.
Joy Owen and Sarah Nelson also
read for Ida,
so I was pretty nervous during the entire thing..
so nervous in fact that I peed twice just during callbacks!
Anyways the next day (Friday)
the cast list was posted at the end of the school day,
and guess what!!
I got the female lead
which is IDA!!!
A Poultry Tale
I seriously have a hard time understanding it myself.
But here is the proof,
the cast list:
Ugly......................................Josh Ormord
Ida.......................................Stacey Allred
Cat.......................................TJ Norton
Drake....................................Grant Lattanzi
Maureen.................................Joy Owen
Turkey...................................Mark Vedra
Billy.......................................Stephanie Huisingh
Beaky....................................Lindsay Jessen
Downy...................................Zandy Barner
Fluff......................................Jenni Leski
Ducklings.................................Tarrin Flaherty, Lexy Dwelis
Her Grace................................Gabriella Tabib
Henrietta.................................Danielle Bullock
Hens......................................OliviaJohnson, Kelsey Webber,Ayana Kjonaas
Bullfrog...................................Jared Crowe
Froglets, Fish Quartet..................Brennan Runzo, Allison Bullock, Noah Page, Anna Lee
Queenie..................................Carolyn Trahan
Lowbutt...................................Sarah Nelson
Greylag...................................Kieran Cox
Dot........................................Sara Chaudhary
Barnacles.................................Cole Hendrickson
Pinkfoot...................................Chelsa Reese
Snowy.....................................Jason Brinkmeyer
Gosling.....................................Kiki Gillett
FatherSwan...............................Caleb Kimble
MotherSwan..............................Jessie Burckel
Penny......................................Faith Miller
Bewick.....................................Grace Woodruff
Jay Bird....................................Tayler Scriber
So congratulations to all who made it in, its going to be so much fun.
It's crazy.
It's crazy.
It's scary.
And it's exciting.
Ida sings in 11 songs.
A Poultry Tale
The Joy of Motherhood
Different (pre-reprise)
Hold Your Head Up High
Look At Him
The Elegy
Every Tear A Mother Cries
Act 1 Finale
The Collage
The Blizzard
Look At Him (reprise)
As crazy excited as I am,
I am very nervous..
I know some people are upset about how the cast turned
out, but I hope they dont hate me for getting Ida.
I also have SO much memorizing to do!
Ida sings in 11 songs...11!!
And I have all of the lines to memorize too..
I definitely have my work cut out for me,
thats for sure.
I am so grateful to get the lead,
I cant even say that enough it seems like.
This might sound awful for me to say,
but im just gonna say it.
A few things that I am looking forward to most
about being Ida are:
1. I will have a sweet costume.
Every show, I either have to find my own or
I get whats left over because im always in the chorus and it
doesnt really matter what I wear as long as it fits the show.
But this time, my costume is imprtant!
And they do care what I wear!
2. Curtain call.
I have always wanted to run out onto the stage all by
myself for curtain call and hear people cheering for me,
and not just be in the chorus bow..
to have my own bow, or to share it with even just one or two people would be awesome.
3. A name in the program.
In the program I will be known as Ida!
I am always just a chorus member or a business woman.
I am always just a chorus member or a business woman.
When reading the cast's bio's, nobody actually cares about those bios unless they came to see you.
But everybody reads the leads.
4. Productive rehearsal.
I hate the rehearsals that really only the leads do anything important and
you just stand there on stage for blocking purposes or to sing one or two songs
with the entire company. And of course, I know that those rehearsals are really important,
they are always soo long and boring.
But this year, I will actually be doing things in every rehearsal
that it wont feel so much like a waste of my time!
And of course, I am so excited just to have a part,
let alone the lead!
So these reasons may make me sound conceited and selfish,
but I dont mean for them to come accross that way..
I am just so extremely grateful that its finally my turn to shine,
and to end my high school career with a bang.
I think Brielle and Carissa are gonna try to come out
to see the show in April. I would seriously love it if they did.
Carissa has never seen one of my shows,
and Brielle has only ever seen "Little Shop of Horrors",
which was my first ever high school show.
But I have learned so much in the last two years,
that I think they would be really surprised.
I hope they can come.
I love being involved in theatre.
It was the greatest decision I made in high school.
And by far has given me some of the greatest
memories, friendships, and experiences that I could possibly ask for.
I truly think that being the lead in my last high school show
was worth the wait.
And worth the hundreds of hours that I have put into
these shows, in years past, even just being in the chorus.
It was worth the wait.
I truly think that being the lead in my last high school show
was worth the wait.
And worth the hundreds of hours that I have put into
these shows, in years past, even just being in the chorus.
It was worth the wait.
Well, rehearsals start on February 4, and
we have to be completely off book by then so I guess I should
get to work on memorization! Haha
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment