Monday, January 7, 2013

Just Far Enough..



In the last couple of months
I have been feeling really overwhelmed.
The idea of college and now a mission just around the corner
are really scary to me.

Growing up, I have always wanted to serve a mission.
With no doubt.
But the mission was always
"One day, im gonna go a mission",
and now its
"I can go on a mission in less than a year!"
Crazy..

For a really long time,
I knew what I was gonna do after high school.
I had a plan.
I would graduate from high school,
go to cosmetology school, and then
work in a salon somewhere until I turned 21,
go on my mission,
come home and go to BYU - Idaho
to get my degree in Music Education
and eventually open up my own private voice studio
and teach private lessons..

That was the plan.
For a really long time.
But let me tell ya.
If you if you wanna see how Heavenly Father's
sense of humor works,
tell Him your plans
because He will mix them all up!

So like I said the last couple of months have been crazy overwhelming.
I knew that I wanted to serve a mission, go to cosmetology school, and get a degree in Music Ed.
But in what order do I do them??
I had a really hard time with the whole thing.
When I would pray about it, the answer I would get was
that they were all good choices.
When talking to the Bishop and my parents and other leaders they told me that I should just
pick one and if it wasnt the right thing for me, then He would let me know.

The number of friends that knew their plan for fall
continued to multiply..
I felt like everyone knew what they were doing except for me.
I felt like I could see graduation,
and everyone going to school in the fall.
But what I was going to do was just far enough out of my reach and sight
that I could get to it, or even know what it was.

After many talks with my parents, the bishop and other leaders, friends,
and lots of time on my knees talking my Heavenly Father,
I have decided to go to Cosmetology school in the fall.
I would love to go to a school called Evans.
I really want to go to the one in Rexbrug Idaho.
I still want to be in the church atmosphere as well as the
college atmosphere.
Hopefully I will have my application in by the end of the week
with my fingers crossed that I get in! :)

Evan's is a year long program.
Once im done,
I would love to serve a mission.
And after completing that,
I would love to go get my degree
in Music Ed..
But I guess we will just have to wait and see what 
my Heavenly Father has in store for me!

This video is called "Good Things To Come"


I love this video. 
Especially when he says,
"Don't you quit... You keep walking."

So even though the past few months have been so difficult,
I know that my Heavenly Father is aware of me
and has a specific plan for me.
He has humbly reminded me that He can see the bigger picture
and that even though I am scared and nervous for the future,
He will be there every step of the way.
and that I need to continue forward,
even if im walking blind.
He will lead and guide me.
And that, my dear friends, as I keep walking, is extremely comforting.



No comments:

Post a Comment