Saturday, January 19, 2013

Busy Busy Busy...

Its not too far from the truth to say that
this last two weeks have been some of the longest and challenging weeks
 I have had in a really long time...
As they have been beyond crazy weeks!
 The week started off bittersweet on Sunday,
 being the day after Emily left to get back to Arizona..
 But also a great day at church. I got a calling. 
I am the young womens music coordinator, 
which is the same thing i was in the gleneagle ward. 
Ive started off running as new beginnings is just around the corner
 in just a few short weeks (well now its only a few days away..)
 Caylee and Sisister Hubert came over for dinner, they come over a lot on Sundays.
 I love seeing them so much.
 Sunday night I woke up in the middle of night sicker than a dog!
 I havent been that sick since Carissa's wedding.
 I threw up four times! 
Luckily there was a snow day on the last day of school last semester,
 and thank goodness I took my last final early, because I 
would not have been able to go to school on Monday. 
Nauseous anytime i even sat up.
 Heat and cold flashes.
 Migraine.
 And my body completely exhausted.
 I lost 7 pounds in less than 24 hours.. I have never
 lost that much from being sick.
 Tuesday I had to go school because I have an entirely full schedule this semester.
 I am also in a quintet for the talent show and our audition was that was later that afternoon.
 Music doesnt usually come hard to me and that afternoon in rehearsal,
 everything was going wrong.

 I missed things in the dance, and my part was all over the place..
I was ready to just walk out then and there.
 Ha in fact I did, in tears.
 Ha but i am grateful that Joy Owen came after me to calm me down,
 and convinced me to still do it.
 It was a pretty rough audition... Although we still managed to get call backs
which are this upcoming Wednesday, lets hope this one goes better. 
Haha - I went home that night to hours of APES homework waiting for me.
It was my fault though because I had put off my project all break long.
Feeling overwhelmed from everything going on,
 I actually cried myself to sleep that night... 
That was when I actually got to bed at 2:58AM.
Wednesday morning came all too quickly! 
And so did the dreaded debate.
 Which to my surprise, was an absolute blast!!
As the representative of Brazil, we cannot meet the expectation of 10445
 by sustaining zero population by the year 2025. 
I think the debate went great. I still wasn't feelin so hot,
 so it was a pretty long day.. 
I skipped young womens that night because of the hours
 of homework that I somehow already managed to be assigned.
Thorsday was another long day at school,
followed by an hour and a half long voice lesson.
Although the time seems to go by fast, 
my voice is exhausted by the time were done.
On Friday, I had a test in economics over the class syllabus..
The test was 7 pages long. But the syllabus was only 2..
Confused how that one worked out?? I was too. Haha
On Saturday, I spent the entire day at Panera Bread with Sarah Nelson,
and worked on math the entire time. 
 Of course we laughed all afternoon about everything. 
I love spending time with her, even if we have to do homework at the same time.
Its kind of hard to tell, but the two outlets that are in the wall by tables were taken, 
so the manager let use one that was in the ceiling. 
It was so funny.

This last Sunday was another bittersweet day.
Anna Lee turned 18 years old! WOO! 
I am so grateful that she came into my life.
Im not sure where I would be without her. 
She is always so kind, and thinking of others.
And she is always to patient with me, 
and for that I am so grateful.
HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY ANNA!!! :)

Also on Sunday,
Michael Baker gave his farewell talk. 
Ashley Rogers and I met there and sat together.
He went into the MTC on Wednesday.. 
I am so proud of him!
He is going to be an excellent missionary and
do incredible things. 
Good Luck Elder Baker. 
See you in two years!
(Kind of a funny story, he has always teased me about getting married really young,
and one of the last things he said to me was, "Hey Stace, dont forget to me a wedding announcement!" 
Haha sometimes that kid.. but seriously. Im not gonna get married in less than two years.
Ive got places to be and things to do and people to meet! Ha)

This last week has been just as stressful.
Monday, was a busy day at school, followed by about four hours at
Panera working on math. Then I had to write a paper for
 APES (AP Environmental Science).
[The bittersweet thing about APES is that, you can turn anything in at any point
during the semester for full credit... thus resulting me continuing to push it lower and lower
on the list of prioties,, simply because I can turn in whenever and still get the same grade.]
So truth be told, my paper still is not finished.. thank goodness its a three day weekend.
Tuesday, was just as busy, between voice and homework.
Wednesday, I went to school but got checked out for physical therapy.
It turns out that my back has actually gotten worse,
so instead of just follow up appointments
my physical therapist has me coming in 2-3 times a week.
He has started me on tens unit.
This is similar to the one that I use at home.
But basically what it does, 
is after I put the sticky things on my back,
and turn it on, it sends electric shocks through my nerves.
Its such a weird feeling!
I like using the one that they have at physical
therapy because I lay down on this extremely hot
pad.. a wet heating pad.
And that helps to calm and relax my back as
the tens unit sends the shocks through my nerves.
I like the one that they have at PT better than the one
that I have at home. The one at home
just doesnt seem to be as strong. 
But I still have to do it everyday that I dont
have physical therapy for 15 minutes.
It does help my back feel looser for a period of time
which is nice.
I told my mom after the first time of using it that I felt like
a pool noodle. Ya know when you can bend a pool noodle but it always
returns to it's straight form?
That's what I felt like after about a half hour of being done with the tens unit.
Although, right after being done, my back feels like a pasta noodle that has just been cooked.
Haha I cant stand up or even sit up straight or anything
because my back feels so loose.
After physical therapy, 
my mom and ran to kind soopers so I could get a flu shot. 
We had to run a few other errands as well,
and I convinced my mom to let me skip the rest of the day.
As crazy as it sounds, after using the tens unit, my body
is exhausted. And its weird because all I have to do is lay there.
Anyways, I worked on homework for a while before I would have to go
back to the school for our talent show callbacks.
But the music (CD) that we ordered was supposed to be here by
Wednesday at 2:00pm.
And it wasnt here! It was still in Utah.
We paid $20 extra dollars to have it here by wednesday and it didnt come.
Thankfully, Mrs.Keating and the Emcee's had sympathy for us and we were able to work it out
so we are doing our callbacks on tuesday right after school.
AND the company that we ordered from gave us our money back for the shipping because they messed it up, which was nice of them. 
After figuring the whole thing out, I headed back to panera to continue doing homework.
That nice was young womens and I honestly havent had that much fun at
young womens in a really long time.
We laughed so hard I was crying. I love my laurel class and my laurel leaders.
They are so great. :)
Thorsday was just like any other day,
except I was up until 2:30 working on this huge theatre project that was due on Friday.
A proposal for the project, a creative way of presenting it and a research paper to go with it.
I thought that there was no way it was gonna be worth spending so long on it and staying up so late,
but it was because my group decided to do my proposal!
We will be doing the Japanese story of "The Stonecutter".
I missed English again on Friday because I had another Physical therapy appointment.
 And it was like an hour and a half appointment!
And let me tell ya. 
It was no fun.. and pretty painful.
Friday night, I worked early for the Lameroux's and
they got home around 7:00ish,
so I called Sarah Lyman and
her and her little sister Rebecca came over and we played the train game
and watched The Help.
They had never seen it before but Sarah had read the book before. 
They really liked the movie.
It was so fun to have them over and to catch up with them.
Im so grateful to have such great friends.

This morning I was able to sleep in, and it felt so good to catch up on some much needed sleep!
Well, I should get back to doing math.. I usually do about 4 hours a day.
I am almost done! So close and yet still so far away!
I have the goal to be completely done with all of the units by a week from today!
So then all I will have to do is take the final!
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment