Saturday, June 23, 2012

Come Fly With Me

Wow. I am SO behind on this one but I didnt just want to skip over it.
Prom was a month ago and im just now getting around to blogging about it.
Our theme for Prom was "Come Fly With Me" by Frank Sinatra

 It was so much fun. Everything from getting asked and every minute after that. :)
Prom was absolutely fantastic.
It was literally the perfect night, I dont know know any other way to describe it.
And what other way then with pictures?
And theres no better place to start then the very beginning right?
I got asked by Billy Burckel.

He is a Senior. Actually he's senior class president. Haha
We know each other because of theatre.
He asked me with bananas :)
"What do you call two banana skins?"
"A pair of slippers!"

"Why do bananas wear suntan lotion?"
"Because they peel"

"Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like an arrow."
"Be Dum Tss!"

"How is a banana peel on the sidewalk like music?"
"Because if you dont C sharp then you will B flat!"


So thats how he asked me!
I got a banana on my car, in some classes,
and from some friends.
It was awesome.. I had an idea that it was him,
and I wanted it to be him but I didnt want to get my hopes up too high,
but I was really glad that he did. :)

And this is how I answered him!
His little sister Jessie (shes my age) unlocked his car for me.
I hung monkeys from monkeys in a barrel from the ceiling,
I cut out bananas and hung them from the sun roof,
I filled the barrels with the candy runts,
and put big banana laffy taffys all in his car.

Krista and I were still decorating when we saw all these people walking out..
turns out it wasnt him but it was still a really close call!! Haha

So moving onto spirit week!
Our spirit weeks are really awesome, and it only makes it even
better if you go all week.
Of course Billy and I went ALL out. It was so awesome.
Also during spirit weeks at DCC,
each night there is an event and they are always fun too.

Monday was "Wing Day"
Monday night the Dodgeball Tournament.

Tuesday was "Lazy Day"
(they made it that because all Juniors had to take the ACT that morning haha)
Tuesday night was Movie Night, they showed UP.

Wednesday was "50's Day"
I think Wednesday might have been my favorite because
Billy and I did more for it than any other day.
Wednesday night was Swing Dancing Night!
And because Billy is a really awesome dancer he was the one teaching it,
so i quickly found another date!
I took Matt Norton.
He was awesome and im so grateful that he came with me.
I even got to dance with Billy for a little bit. :)

Thorsday was "Skydiving Gone Wrong Day"
(Which is Injury/Crazy Hair Day)
 But I had a choir competition that day so I wasnt at school.
Billy didnt do it either. Haha
And that night was International Cooking Competition,
Billy was one of the judges but he was so great and came to my Choir concert
that night, even though he hadnt been home since 6:00 that morning.
I was so happy that he came. :)

Friday was "Thunderstorm Day"
Which is basically just spirit day.
That night was Mr. DCC.
Billy was in it and he did awesome.
Oh and he won Mr. Congeniality.

Kevin (middle) won Mr. DCC, which the judges from other schools vote for.
Aaron (right) was runner up.
And Billy was Mr. Congeniality which is what the whole audience votes for.





And of course, Saturday night was Prom! :)
It was at The Garden of the Gods Club.

I got ready with my two best friends Sarah, and Anna.
And our great family friend Kirsten Waite did mine and Sarah's hair.
Both Sarah and Anna helped me with my make up too.
They all made me look to pretty, so im grateful for that. :)




I absolutely loved my hair. It was gorgeous, and even stayed in place all night.
Shoot even when I woke up the next morning it was still all in place!
So thank you thank you thank you to Sister Kirsten Waite!
She did such a great job on mine and Sarah's hair!

                                            

 This is my best friend Anna. I love her to death.
She is so cute and fun to be around.
And of course she is a really great friend.

I love these girls with all my heart!
We got ready together, but we werent in the same group..
It was a bummer, but it's okay.

I love Sarah with all my heart.
We've been best friends since 8th grade.
She's always been there for me.
She is so beautiful and I can imagine where I would be without her!

 My mommy is so great! She made the sleeves on my dress, and the the back!
She is basically the best mom ever.
I love her! I love her! I love her!
Thanks for all you do for me mommy! :)

So whne Billy came to pick me up,
Brielle and Carissa were on skype!
Haha so they got to see me make my grand entrance down the stairs,
and they said hi to Billy andthey saw us do flowers.
It was kind of cool actually because I love and miss my sisters alot,
 so it was kind of cool that they  were kind of there.
 I even got his boutonniere on on my first try!
Can I get a WOO WOO?!
Haha I didnt even stab him!
NO BIG DEAL,
But I was pretty proud of myself. :)
(Maybe it was just from watching Carissa do it for so many years. Haha)
One of my friends teased me by saying that he got my flower on the first try too.
Haha it was funny.
 Yay! We were successful with the flowers!

So here comes the pictures! Prepare youselfs casue there's alot.
I dont even have his yet! But I want them! So hopefully ill get those soon. :)

I really like this one.. 
 I think I was telling a funny story here..

Billy looks so concerned about something.. Haha

That day it was SO windy!!
Haha I love this picture! Its so funny!
 (Look you can see my cute tennis shoes!)

Hahaha AWKWARD stairs pictures!
Hahaha so funny!

We had some time to kill before we were supposed to meet up with our group so we just
had some fun on the piano :)

I think this is actually my favorite pictures.. :)
<3 <3 <3

Watch and Learn
Dont be too jealous of our awesome piano playing skills.

 The whole "SAVE BILLY" thing is a long story.
But basically he has a condition wher he is just too attractive and we (all of his friends)
are all trying to save him from it.
Hahaha he absolutely hates it but its freaking hilarious.

Ohh these boys..


There is never a dull moment.
EVER.
This is their hokey game while we were waiting for some other couples in our group to get to the park.
The boys decided to have a hockey game, and they were al in these positions in like less than 30 seconds. It was hilarious.

:)

Trying to protect me from the freezing cold wind!

Skipping :)


Our whole group!


 The whole gang!

So windy!


I love the swings <3


Wearing white tennis shoes to Prom was the greatest decision ever. :)




Im gonna miss thse crazy boys next year.



 Wow. This post was LONG!! But I didnt want to leave anything out!
Haha anyways, Prom was the best night of my entire life.
Everything was absolutely spectacular.
Add swing dancing was a blast, Billy is a pro at swing dancing.
Plus, he made me feel like an absolute princess.
Billy was crowned Prom King of course.
 After Prom we went to our friend Cody's, he has tons of land in the forest and played night games and watched movies and eat. It was so much fun.
We ended up falling asleep. And when we woke up, it was 7:30AM!! Haha
So we headed out and I got home and I thought I would be in so much trouble!
My mom came own to my room and first thing that came out of her mouth??
"So tell me all about it!!"
I was soo tired, and there went that hour that I would get before going to church was passing fast.
But of course, I told her all about it and still got about a half hour of sleep before going to church at 9:00.
haha Anyways, im glad I got caught up on all of this.
I kind of wish that I could just live in that night my entire life.
Im so glad that I got asked cause it was a blast, and I by far had the best date ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment