Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Hope ya know I had a hard time"



I love Mormon Messages.
Who doesnt?

But I especially love this video and talk by Elder Cook, because I feel as though
I can relate to it easily.
Sometimes more often than not.
But I am grateful that I can because that
means that I have trials,
and trials help me to learn and grow from them.

But the past few days I have been really thinking about this video,
because I saw two really close friends celebrate exciting times in their lives.
One friend is getting married.
The other, leaving for his mission.

Both of these individuals have overcome huge trials in their lives.
As I was apart of the celebrations this past weekend,
I was overcome with so much peace.
So much happiness.

As I saw these two really struggle, lose hope and question everything,
it broke my heart.
But this past weekend, they were the complete opposite.
Filled with joy. Love for the gospel.
And the unerstanding of who they are.. their potential..
and Heavenly Father's plan.

Experiencing all of this this past weekend
reminds me of President Uchtdorf's talk in the October 2011 General Conference.
I dont remember the exact name of it,
but Presicent uchtdorf said,
"Please understand that what you see and experience now is not what forever will be."
and I absolutely love that quote,
because it gives such hope.
To anyone who is struggling in anyway I think.
That one day, I wont be struggling with what I am now.
Although I will have different trials,
because I got through ones in the past with His help,
I know that He will in no way hesitate to help me again.
I know my Father in Heaven knows and loves me personally.
He does not give trials that we would not be able to over come.
Even though it can be extremely hard sometimes to let him know
that we are having a hard time,
he always knows.
He is just waiting for us to go to him in humility
and to ask in faith fot help.
He will bless us.
In his time, good will come.
Until then, we need to have faith and patience.

The saying,
"When you feel like you cant stand any longer, get on your knees and pray."
keeps coming to my mind.

So that's why I love this video so much.
Because it reminds me that I am not the only one that is struggling,
and that in his time He will lift me up.

But life was never meant to be easy..
Turn to him. Reach for him.
Turn to others. Reach for them, and serve.

I love this talk and the challenge it gives each of us.
And I am grateful for it
 and I am so grateful that I was able to see the process of getting to where they are now.
And of course to celebrate with them this past weekend.
The entire experience has helped me to more fully understand the power of the atonement,
and how our Father and brother Christ want us to be happy and to return back to them.

I am overwhlemed with happiness and gratitude, I feel like I just cant even say that enough!
It really was such a great weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment