Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Not So Big Sacrifice

OKay so I know that I just blogged but thats okay.

So my entire life people have always told me that by paying your tithing
you receive huge blessings. I know that I have received blessings,
but today may have been one of the greatest blessings
that I could have received.
The timing could not have been more perfect.
I have needed a job for what seems to be the longest time.
But finally, a job has come through!
Well at least I hope so.

I am going to be a nanny for a set of three year old twins!
Keenan and Kaiya.
Their nanny needs a replacement because she is having surgery,
so she can't work anymore.
So luckily for me, Sister Eads, knew about this a few weeks ago, and
so I called and she said that she would get back to me within about 24 hours,
and I never heard back from her..
SO I wasnt really holding my breath for it to go through,
just like every other job I have ever applied for.

[A little bit of background information, I have been saving my tithing for a while,
I've been either forgetting to pay it, or just waiting until I have more to pay.
BUT, I just kept getting the prompting to pay it,
so I paid it all on Sunday.
Like two months worth of babysitting,
dog sitting, allowance, etc.
and so I paid it all on Sunday.]

So anyways, I know that I got this opportunity for this job because I paid my tithing.
Heavenly Father was testing me.
By sacrificing only 10% of my income,
I will be blessed.
10% really has never seemed that much. I have never wished I didnt.
I have always received blessings from Heavenly Father, and suddenly..
10% doesnt seem like so much..
But my testimony of tithing has grown so much from this experience,
I know that by giving only a little bit,
my Heavenly Father just gives me more in return.
I am grateful for the law of tithing in my life.
Even if this job doesnt go through, I know that I am always blessed for paying my tithing.

Pray that this goes through. I really need the job.




1 comment:

  1. oh i love this post! i love to pay our tithing, because there is not other way we would be able to support ourselves making $400 a month if we didnt pay our tithing! i hope the job goes well!

    ReplyDelete