Today was the last day of seminary and as we were wrappin things up,
Brother Goss (only the greatest teacher on earth). He explained that in his opinion, Alzheimer's was one of the worst ways to past away. He then went on to talk about spiritual Alzheimer's,
he encouraged us to remember throughout the summer what we have learned this year,
and to apply it to our lives and to never forget.
So I thought I could reflect alittle bit about a few things i've learned.
The book of Job: Every cloud has a silver lining.
Job lost everything. His animals, and his kids,
and never once did he blame or turn away from God.
To apply this to our lives, we were all given a sticky note.
And on our sticky note we had to write our "Job" trial.
Once we were done writing, we were asked to put our sticky notes up on one of the walls.
Then we walked around the room reading some of the sticky notes,
and let me tell you.
I was so overcome with the Spirit as I walked around,
and read others trials, I realized just how truely blessed I am.
Suddenly my trials didn't seem so bad.
I feel like we have these reminders alot.. But I feel like we all need them,
to remind us that we don't have it so hard,
and sometimes it's kind of nice to have that little kick in the butt, to remind us to
"mourn with those who mourn, and comfort those who stand in need of comfort".
So we all left seminary that day, pretty depressed actually,
but our next day in seminary, we continued with Job.
We were each given a picture of Christ, in which we all taped over our trials.
It was to symbolize Christ is always there through our trials.
So think about some of your "Sticky note" trials and remember that Christ will always be at the center of them.
It was a really cool lesson.
Another lesson I really liked, probably one of my favorties was:
Trust in the Lord in Every Footstep.
We were talking about how our faith is always on trial throughout our life. But how we need to put our trust in the Lord in every footstep. This was the last lesson we had before Spring Break,
and so we were each given a penny because
on every single penny it says "In God We Trust".
So we were challenged to keep the penny's in our shoes until the Monday after Spring Break.
So that in every step I took, I would feel the penny in my shoe and remember that
I TRUST IN THE LORD IN EVERY FOOTSTEP.
I still have my penny, it is a 1980 penny and sometimes I still put it in my shoe if I remember.
Over Spring Break, Krista, Emly, Allison, and went to Manitou Springs for the day,
and after we went to lunch, we went around the corner and found this!
It was awesome! So we took a picture and gave it to our seminary teacher Brother Goss.
It was totally awesome. :)
Another really really great lesson was:
"But If Not"
Brother Goss started the lesson off by asking us what are three difficult words for us to say,
just a few that were thrown out were
I love you
I am Sorry
Please forgive me
I forgive you
I miss you
But Brother Goss said,
But If Not.
And he went on to explain that we always pray to our Heavenly Father asking him for things,
but we often forget to say "but if not"
He gave the example of a student preparing for a test, asking that he/she will pass it.
But thats all they say.
He explained that having "but if not" faith is saying but if not.
Im not sure how to explain it. Haha - cause maybe passing that test is not the Lords will.
So when we pray we need to say
"but if not, then help me to cope with it patiently."
"but if not, then help me to cope with it patiently."
Or something along those lines.
And let me tell you, those three little words are really hard to say
But the Lord has a plan. He can see the whole picture.
So I really liked that lesson because it was the reminder that we all need "but if not" faith.
So even though there are so many other really great lessons from this past year of seminary,
I just wanted to bring up a few. So as our lives are always moving forward,
let us always remember what we have learned each Sunday at church,
and at conferences, and seminary, etc.
These programs are inspired from God, and I am grateful for them.
So let us never forget to remember. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment