"A Pep Talk from Kid President to You"
I absolutely love this video..
It is so funny!
Given my last post,
I think this is the perfect way to come back from
that last one because it was pretty
depressing..
But its what I was going through..
A hard time.
But sometimes,
we all just need a little pep talk.
To have people tell us that "your gooder than that."
And that's exactly what I got these last couple of weeks.
I am so grateful for the pep talk that my Heavenly Father has given to me.
My pep talk started out with
New Beginnings.
What a stress it was, trying to pull a few musical numbers together
with such a short time of being called as
the young womens music coordinator.
But we did it!
As a special musical number we had about 12 girls sing
"Stand In A Holy Place" by Jenny Phillips
which had beautiful solos and gradually built to everyone in the group singing,
and the song ended by having one beehive sing the last line
"When your standing in a Holy Place"
It was seriously so beautiful.
For the closing song all the young women came up and sang our
2013 theme song
"Standing In Holy Places"
That song truly has so much power.
The lyrics are really strong to me.
We were then asked to sing the theme song,
"Standing In Holy Places"
for the Skate Priesthood meeting.
its not very common that women get asked to do that.
So it was a really cool experience for me.
I was also presented with the opportunity to give away a Book of Mormon!
I gave it to Sarah.
The prompting to give it to her was so strong.
I hope that one day she will decide to read something from it
and allow it to bless her life like I know it can. :)
For our mutral activity during the week,
the laurels are making tshirt quilts.
I am so excited to get all my tshirts from high school on there.
As I have cut my shirts,
it has been really cool for me to reflect back on
not only the things that I have done,
but also who I am, and how I became that over the past four years.
(I will have to post a picture as soon as I finish it. I have got the hard part out of the way.)
I am grateful for all of the opportunities I have had during high school.
What an incredible time in our lives that
we, myself included, take for granted when we are truly
blessed with so much.
So the tshirt quilts have definitely been a really cool thing for me to do.
Speaking of young womens,
I love my laurel class!
Im not sure what the best way to describe it would be,
but in the Gleneagle Ward I never felt like I fit in.
Almost like I was the odd ball out.
It may seem crazy,
but I really did struggle in that ward.
So the new ward has been a really great move for me.
I absolutely love the young women, especially the laurels.
I am so grateful for my awesome leaders,
Sister Johnson and Sister Rogers.
Gosh, they are amazing women. And always happy.
Shoot. Sometimes Sister Rogers and I just laugh and laugh.
I love having her as my leader.
Girls Camp would be so much fun with her!
This last weekend I finally finished math!!
Seriously, there were times when I really struggled and did not think it was worth it.
But it definitely was!
I am so grateful for the technology so easily available for me
to take that class online and to be done with it before
rehearsal for the musical started..
I love not even having to stress about it.
It seemed like even if I got so much other homework
done, it was never enough because I had so much math to finish.
So with less than 24 hours left to spare,
I finished math.
One day before rehearsal!
[Mom, I told you I could do it!]
Rehearsal started yesterday,
and boy do I have a whole lot of work to do!
I am excited that we have finally started!
I can definitely see some very long days ahead of me.
But lets get this show on the road!
Im so excited, its gonna be a great show.
And I am especially grateful to be leaving with a bang,
ya know?
Its finally my turn to shine as a lead.
I still cannot even tell you how grateful I am
play Ida. Such a blessing.
I am grateful for my talents that God has given me
so that I could participate so heavily in choir and theatre.
And last but most certainly not least.
I got accepted to BYU- Idaho!
WOO WOO!!
You are probably thinking,
"What the?! I thought you were gonna go to Cosmetology school?!"
And if you are,
then you are right.
That has been my plan.
It may sound awful but part of me was hoping that
I didnt get into BYUI because if I didnt,
I would know that Cosmetology was the right thing for me..
But now I have to choose!
I cant help but wonder..
what if I got into BYUI because I need to be there for some reason.
Gosh. Can you tell that I have absolutely no idea
what the heck im doing??
Cause I dont.
My plan has once again been mixed up
like croutons in a tossed salad.
[Sorry, that was a really awful analogy.. but I thought it was hilarious..Hahaha]
Anyways,
I am grateful to have been accepted.
It is a great opportunity and option to keep open.
I am so excited to see where my life goes in the next couple of months.
I know that Heavenly Father knows what he's doing.
Even if sometimes were thinking
I dont know about you but that happens to me alot.
But I am grateful that my Heavenly Father knows me and
so freely gives me the blessings that I need,
even if that blessing is a trial.
So I may have another couple of really awful days or weeks,
but my Father in Heaven would never give me anything that I cant
handle. And He is there for me always, and the blessings soon will come.
In patience, and His time they will come.

I am so excited for you!!!!!! :) :) :) Congrats! Even if you don't know if you will go. I love ya!
ReplyDeleteThank you for being who you are. I always read your blog and see how much faith and encouragement you have. You are the best you can be and are countinuing to get better and stronger everyday. Can't wait to see your last High School proformance! You are going to rock the stage!!
ReplyDelete