Well who cares if I just blogged a few days ago!
I like to keep my posts only about the topic they are about.
I like to keep my posts only about the topic they are about.
So thats probably why sometimes there is like 6 posts in only a few days.
Anyways,
I have been working on this quilt since the fall of my sophomore year of high school
and guess what! Its finally almost done!
I have completed the whole front, now I just need to get the middle and the back put on,
and stitch it all together.
So I guess the best way to show you would be in pictures, so here we go!
This was the very first sqaure I did, and it took me FOREVER.
At least it felt like that. I cross stitched Joshua 1:9 on the fabric which was the
2010 mutual theme.
KNOWLEDGE
FAITH
CHOICE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
between the squares and the back.
And wanna know a little secret?
We just went to target and got a really soft king size sheet!
That way the back can be all one piece.
Pretty great idea huh??
We thought so too.
So we headed back to the Bradys and we used the serger which made
everything 100 times faster and easier!
She sewed some and I sewed some.
And together we got it all done in one day!
(Well, except for we have to out the middle and the back on.)
I'll post again later once its all complete, ya know, the whole thing. :)
and guess what! Its finally almost done!
I have completed the whole front, now I just need to get the middle and the back put on,
and stitch it all together.
So I guess the best way to show you would be in pictures, so here we go!
This was the very first sqaure I did, and it took me FOREVER.
At least it felt like that. I cross stitched Joshua 1:9 on the fabric which was the
2010 mutual theme.
KNOWLEDGE
INTEGRITY
PINK
DIVINE NATURE
INDIVIDUAL WORTH
VIRTUE
FAITH
GOOD WORKS
CHOICE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
All of these sqaures were completed in the order that they are in.
So a week or so ago, mom and I headed over to the Bradys,
and let me tell ya.
I really do love Sister Brady.
She is just so fantastic.
She was a HUGE help and without her I would never be able to finish my quilt.
So I am so so so grateful to her and her help.
Plus she is so much fun to be around!
She is hilarious always so nice.
Anna was alot of help too, she would press everything for me.
So first we layed out all of my squares.
Then mom and I had to go get black fabric to put in between the squares and the back.
And wanna know a little secret?
We just went to target and got a really soft king size sheet!
That way the back can be all one piece.
Pretty great idea huh??
We thought so too.
So we headed back to the Bradys and we used the serger which made
everything 100 times faster and easier!
She sewed some and I sewed some.
And together we got it all done in one day!
(Well, except for we have to out the middle and the back on.)
So after we sewed all of the rows together, this is what it looks like!
So this is whole front, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!
I have painted on each sqaure waht value it is.
Looking at all of the squares together,
they are literally puzzle pieces to my life.
Things that I have done, and its kind of really cool to see all of it together.
Kind of like, after everything, my senior year its going to be the best year, and my life is finally coming together and I know who I am and what I want to do and who I want to become.
Who knew that all of this could come from just a quilt?
I guess it all seems really cheesy, but thats okay with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment