It seems like when the new year rolls around
everyone and their dogs go on diets.
I hear so many people say,
"I need to loose some weight!" or "Its my new years resolution to lose weight!"
And so they begin... But not very many people complete
their goal. (I am one of those people!)
So I got thinking about this common new years resolution
and decided to look up the actual definition of "Diet".
And this is what I found.
1. Food and drink regularly provided or consumed
2. Habitual Nourishment
So this got me thinking.
According to those two definitions,
aren't we all on diets?
Now, of course I am not a doctor
but all of this really got me thinking.
Because according to those definitions we are
all on diets.
So can you really decide to go on a diet
when you already have a diet?
I think a better way to put it
is making a new years resolution to
"maintain a well-balanced diet".
So with these thoughts in mind I decided I needed to make my own New Years Resolutions.
I have always been taught that when making a goal,
you should be smart about it.
Smart goals stand for:
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Results-oriented
Time-bound
So after a lot of thought my New Years Resolutions are:
1. Keep a well-balanced diet
and
2. Train for a half marathon and run it
Do I sound crazy?
Sometimes I even think im crazy!
A half marathon is 13.1 miles.
There is a program called the
"Couch to Half Marathon"
It lays out exactly what your supposed to do each day of the week
for 14 weeks.
I decided since im not in school this semester to tell myself
that instead of being in school for 14 weeks,
I am going to train for 14 weeks.
Seems like a pretty fair trade off I think.
The Teton Dam Half marathon is on Saturday June 14, 2014.
I have 21 weeks left until the race.
The goal is that by the end of the 14 weeks, I can just keep in shape
and continue to run every day so that by
the time race day rolls around ill be ready for it!
Those are my new years resolutions.
Between the two,
if I work as hard as I can at both of them,
naturally I should lose some weight.
Instead of just having to goal to lose weight,
my resolutions have helped me to lay out a plan as far as how
I should go about losing weight.
My goals might seem a bit big, but they are smart.
In having a goal this big you cannot allow a single bit of negativity inside your head.
I've heard it said,
"Believe you can do it, and your halfway there."
I am grateful for the support from my family, friends, and my roommates!
And I ask that you would continue to support me as I train.
Some go running with me and some are supporting me from far away,
but I am grateful for it all!
So here's to the New Year!
I hope that everyone has made smart goals for this year
and I pray that you can be successful in whatever it is that you do!
First day of Training:
everyone and their dogs go on diets.
I hear so many people say,
"I need to loose some weight!" or "Its my new years resolution to lose weight!"
And so they begin... But not very many people complete
their goal. (I am one of those people!)
So I got thinking about this common new years resolution
and decided to look up the actual definition of "Diet".
And this is what I found.
1. Food and drink regularly provided or consumed
2. Habitual Nourishment
So this got me thinking.
According to those two definitions,
aren't we all on diets?
Now, of course I am not a doctor
but all of this really got me thinking.
Because according to those definitions we are
all on diets.
So can you really decide to go on a diet
when you already have a diet?
I think a better way to put it
is making a new years resolution to
"maintain a well-balanced diet".
So with these thoughts in mind I decided I needed to make my own New Years Resolutions.
I have always been taught that when making a goal,
you should be smart about it.
Smart goals stand for:
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Results-oriented
Time-bound
So after a lot of thought my New Years Resolutions are:
1. Keep a well-balanced diet
and
2. Train for a half marathon and run it
Do I sound crazy?
Sometimes I even think im crazy!
A half marathon is 13.1 miles.
There is a program called the
"Couch to Half Marathon"
It lays out exactly what your supposed to do each day of the week
for 14 weeks.
I decided since im not in school this semester to tell myself
that instead of being in school for 14 weeks,
I am going to train for 14 weeks.
Seems like a pretty fair trade off I think.
The Teton Dam Half marathon is on Saturday June 14, 2014.
I have 21 weeks left until the race.
The goal is that by the end of the 14 weeks, I can just keep in shape
and continue to run every day so that by
the time race day rolls around ill be ready for it!
Those are my new years resolutions.
Between the two,
if I work as hard as I can at both of them,
naturally I should lose some weight.
Instead of just having to goal to lose weight,
my resolutions have helped me to lay out a plan as far as how
I should go about losing weight.
My goals might seem a bit big, but they are smart.
In having a goal this big you cannot allow a single bit of negativity inside your head.
I've heard it said,
"Believe you can do it, and your halfway there."
I am grateful for the support from my family, friends, and my roommates!
And I ask that you would continue to support me as I train.
Some go running with me and some are supporting me from far away,
but I am grateful for it all!
So here's to the New Year!
I hope that everyone has made smart goals for this year
and I pray that you can be successful in whatever it is that you do!
First day of Training:


No comments:
Post a Comment