Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Right Things

Wow. This last week was such an eye opener.
A true blessing.

I had so many experiences that I was so overwhelmed with the Spirit.
On Tuesday night I had a meeting with the Bishop just because
he wanted to get to know me! I really feel at home in this ward...
I absolutely love my bishop, he cares so much just to get to know me.
I just feel like its more personal in this ward than in my last ward.

I had good hours at work and stayed pretty busy.

My workouts went great. I am starting to feel a difference. I feel like
im getting stronger. I havent felt this good in a long time.
Again, I am so grateful for all the support that I have recieved from so many people.

Sunday was just an incredible day.
It was a "great day to be alive" as we like to sing! Haha
On Sundays we have church at 11:00.
I actually slept through my alarm and woke up at 10:20!
But it was an absolutely beautiful day!! I was actually hot in my peacoat
while walking to church... and that made me really happy because it was such a nice day.
Haha - But anyways, Whitney, Amanda and I decided to all do roommate 
dinner, so I hurried and threw cilantro lime chicken into the crockpot and got ready for church!
[It was absolutely delicious by the way!]
I wasnt even late! [I love that it hardly takes any time to get somewhere in rexburg. haha]
However, we did walk in just before sacrament meeting started...Haha.
Sunday was our ward conference and the talks and lessons could not have been more
spot on. I am so grateful for that.
I have been called as our FHE groups "Ma" and a Relief Society Teacher.
I am so excited and grateful for the opportunity to serve. It is a real blessing and I am really excited for the semester!
Now onto my favorite part of the day! Our neighbor came over while we were eating dinner and
invited us to go sing at the retirement home here in town and it was an incredible experience!
A few of us talked to a lady and she got married when she was 19 and she only knew him for
six weeks!! Thats so crazy!! They were married for 57 years before he passed away. 
It was such a joy to listen to her tell us about her life. She was wearing bright blue fuzzy socks and a bright yellow sweater. She had a light just radiating from her. She is 89 years old and still has a great sense of humor. She sang along to every hymn that we sang and had a smile on her face the entire time.
Tears filled my eyes as my heart was overcome by the spirit as we sang.
It was an incredible experience and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to sing to the elderly.
It meant so much to them. The group sings ever Sunday and I cant wait to go next week!

 I got the impression that keeping a journal is not just for my posterity but for me as well.
I think that it is a really important thing for us to go back and read through our journals and blogs
and things like that. After reading back through, it helped me realize that as I fill my life with the right things I am happier and the blessings in my life overflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment