Many who know me know that right after going gluten free,
I struggled going to church because I hated knowing that everybody could have the
bread during the sacrament and I could not.
I hated feeling different.
I felt like everyone saw me as different.
I absolutely hated bringing a cracker,
it was so stressful to me.
Eventually though we got the hang of it,
we, actually being my dad, he always brought a cracker for me to have for the sacrament
and took it up for them to bless along with the bread.
When I moved to Rexburg,
I didnt have my dad to take my cracker up to those blessing the
sacrament for me anymore.
I was so nervous to take my cracker up because once again,
I didnt want to be seen as different.
But after a few sundays, I got the hang of it and
planned my time right that I would get to the church early enough to give them
cracker and to take a seat.
I gave myself enough time, which made it less stressful for me.
But this past sunday,
I pulled into the parking lot and there were only two trucks in the parking lot
and they were pulling out.
One of them was my Bishop!
Little did I know that my ward was meeting somewhere else because
our building is being renovated or something.
Anyways, I called Carissa and told her I was just gonna come home,
but just as I hung up I got a text from Scotty
(who happens to meet in the same building as me, just the ward before me)
so I decided to call him and see if his ward met somewhere else,
I explained the situation and he told me,
"Hang tight for a minute,let me make a few calls."
When he got back to me,
church had already begun,
so I told him I was just going to go home becuase I wouldnt be able to
take the sacrament anyways because it was too late to give them my cracker.
His response really got me thinking.
He told me that I should find a ward to go to because
even though I couldnt take the sacrament,
I could sit through it knowing that I was worthy to take it,
and would if I could.
So I decided to go look for a ward to attend,
even though I was going to be late.
I asked if he would come with me, and he did.
He met me at a building down the street,
and we walked in and the ward had just ended.
Long story short,
he was determined to get me to sacrament meeting.
So determined that we went to
SIX different buildings to find a sacrament meeting to attend.
[I went to seven if you count the building I usually go to which I went to first.]
After the fifth building, we even help a guy jump his car!
We got to the sixth building at 12:34,
luckily that ward met at 12:30!
So I attended sacrament meeting.
It was hard for me to not take the bread,
nervous that everyone would totally notice that I didnt.
But I was overcome with peace, from what Scotty told me earlier.
I knew that I was worthy to take it,
and I knew that Heavenly Father knew the intention of my heart.
I am so grateful that Scotty was so determined to get me to sacrament meeting.
I am grateful that he went with me,
it was comforting to have someone I knew right next to me
that I knew supported me.
He may not know that by coming with me so I wouldnt be alone,
and telling me
I could sit through the meeting knowing that I was worthy
really helped me to overcome a fear that I have had for over a year.
I am beyond grateful for him helping me get passed that,
as it might not seem like a very hard thing
but for some reason I really struggled with it for a really long time.
I am grateful for my friendship with Scotty
and his example to me.
I know that if we do all we can,
even if its attending sacrament meeting even though you cant take the sacrament,
Heavenly Father will notice our efforts and bless us for
making the right decisions.
I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father
who knows me and loves me with a perfect love.
I am grateful for the sacrament and the role that it plays in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment