Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Greatest Blessing


I know that I have shared this video in previous posts,
but I love it and know that its message is true.

Three weeks ago,
I hit my one year mark of being gluten free.
I promise you that the past year has been by far
the hardest year of my life
physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
It might sound crazy that a small change in diet
would have the ripple effect
to effect every part of my life,
but it completely flipped my world upside down.
Everyday seemed to take a lifetime,
and I would never think that 365 days later
I would tell everyone that going gluten free was one of
the greatest blessings
God has ever given me.
I cant remember the last time I have felt this good.
Although it was difficult,
I know that without a doubt
my Heavenly Father was by my side every step of the way.
He has shown me that with Him,
I really can do anything.
Going gluten free has blessed me in ways that I would
have never imagined.
I have been blessed with confidence. 
Confidence to be different,
confidence to be me 100% of everyday.
I have been blessed with strength.
Strength to go day to day feeling better
than I have felt in my life.
I have been blessed with happiness.
Happy to be healthy,
although it may not be a cure,
happy to know a way of treatment.
I have been blessed with a support system.
I could not ask for better friends and family
as they have made sacrifices for me,
and encouraged me to keep going.
I have been blessed with a greater testimony.
A greater testimony of the atonement,
and that Christ has already gone through this for me,
and wont leave my side as I go through it and
that one day I will be perfected and will no longer
have this trial.
A greater testimony of God's love for me.

All in all, I have been blessed.

The Greatest Blessing
has been my support system.
Whether they realize it or not,
there are quite a few people who have
really touched my life and I will be forever grateful to them
because of their efforts to help and support me in anyway they can.
First, my mama, she made so many adjustments to her schedule,
and her cooking. She always tries gluten free things with me
so I dont feel so left out. She is still sending me awesome recipies to try.
my daddy, just like my mama he adjusted his cooking,
to find a yummy gluten free gravy, bread, rolls, all his famous sunday dinners.
Sarah Nelson, for going gluten free for an entire week.
I dont know many others who would do that.. it was by far one of the
nicest things anyone has ever done for me,
and still brings tears to my eyes.
I still dont know how I got so lucky to have a best friend
who would make that kind of a sacrifice,
to understand even a fraction of what I have to go through each day.
Jake Goodsell, for always checkin up on me and always asking me what he can do to help me.
Becky Bailey, for being the first one to encourage me to go gluten free,
at Daughters of Virtue, and for always checkin up on me to see
how im doing and if she can do anything for me.
Mrs. Tina Lattanzi, for making me so many gluten free meals during rehearsals.
She is a pretty incredible woman if you ask me,
so generously helping someone she hardly knew.
Kyle and Carissa, for putting up with me and my totes GF food while I live with them.
Scotty Renner, for buying way more gluten free food than he needed to just to make
sunday dinner, which he made a whole pan gluten free.
The rest of my Family and Friends,
for all the love, support, and prayers
throughout the last year.
I know that there are many more people who have been a great
help throughout the last year,
but those are just a few instances that have really stuck out
to me and touched my life.

The past year has been the hardest year of my life,
but I can promise you that it has also been one of the most rewarding.

Going gluten free is without a doubt,
and Beautiful Heartbreak
and has been the greatest blessing
in my life, and I am grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment