Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hold Tight and Carry On

Sometimes when things slow down after being crazy for a while,
you are given way too much time to think.
So I apologize for this post in advance,
as it will probably sound like one giant pity party.
During the 7 week break,
Rexburg is pretty much a ghost town.
With it being my first summer here,
I haven't had an opportunity to meet new friends.
All I have right now is work.
I know it probably sounds like I am ungrateful for my job,
which don't get me wrong,
I could not be more grateful for my job at Kiwi Loco and Skeeters!
 But sometimes, especially this week it has been a little rough.
Last week was the Allred Family Reunion
and it was awesome to see my family,
and it felt good to come back to Rexburg because
I know that it's where I am supposed to be,
but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier..
By seeing my family I felt like I was supposed to see my friends too..
The people who know everything there is to know about me,
the ones who know just what to say at all times,
the people who I've laughed with,
cried with, and grown with over the past 7 years.
It's been hard to come back to a place where
I don't have someone who just randomly calls you to go on a walk,
a drive, play at the park, to watch a movie,
to go get frozen yogurt at lulu's.
I know what your thinking, it's exactly what everybody else is thinking,
"school will start before you know it and you are going to make so many friends! You'll see, just wait."
And for a long time I believed that it would start
before I could say "here we go"
and I'm sure I will make plenty of new friends when I start school,
but what about right now?
It's hard.
It's hard to wake up knowing your hundreds of miles away
from your best friends as they are having a great summer together.
It's hard to see people come into kiwi to get yogurt with their best friends.
Its hard to sit alone at church.
It got to a point where I was just frustrated
that God would send me to Rexburg early when I was just going to struggle.
But you know, it's been an eye opener for me.
It has allowed me to grow so much closer to my Heavenly Father,
and he has already taught me wonderful things here.
He has reminded me that I am never alone,
although I may not have a friends who wants to go on a random adventure,
I have a loving Heavenly Father who calls me everyday,
and he asks me everyday to do everything I can to become closer to him, to
carry on.
He has reminded me that it's okay to just fall down and cry,
he will pick you up and brush off your, as Parker would say, "ouchies".
I'm sure this post seemed like I was just complaining,
but I hope you can see the lesson I have once again been reminded of,
you may at times feel all alone,
even when you are surrounded by wonderful people,
but you aren't alone.
If you turn yourself over to The Lord 100% he will bless your life.
Yes it would be nice to have a friend in Rexburg who plans a random adventure,
but isn't that what Heavenly Father is doing?
He has a crazy adventure planned for each of us
and I am so grateful I get to go throughout my adventure with him by side the entire time!
I know that I will find another best friend,
as I have so many back home.
My Heavenly Father is looking out for me,
He knows me,
He knows what I struggle with everyday,
He is in the details of my life.
He is my best friend.
I am so grateful for all he gives to me everyday. 

My mom shared this quote with me and I absolutely love it,
I think it is very applicable to me right now,
and its a pretty good perspective to have
during school.
I hope you love it too.

"Learn new things.
If they're hard, great.
If you have no aptitude, keep working on it.
The struggle may offer the greatest benefit."
- Alvaro Fernandez

To all my friends far away, know that I miss you more than words can say!
I hope you are all doing well and may God bless you until our adventures cross again.
May we always remember to hold tight and to CARRY ON.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you always have a bright side and always know how to turn your frustrated feelings into feelings of gratitude for the blessing Heavenly Father has given you. You know just how to put things into eternal perspective. I look up to you for that :) I love you best friend!!! And I miss you so much! especially being lonely here too with no friends in AZ. I know how you feel

    ReplyDelete