The past few days have been crazy,
with a lot of waiting.
It all started on Tuesday afternoon (June 11th)
as my cousin Robin and I were on our way home
from lunch
and she saw a small thing of smoke and
we thought that we would go and check it out!
We turned onto Shoup and
we passed a small smoke,
and all I could think was
"That poor house.. or barn.. whatever it is.."
There was two or three fire trucks there,
and we decided we had seen what we came for,
got a few pictures
and decided to head out.
But we were stuck!
Within the five minutes that we were there,
there was more than a dozen firetrucks and police cars.
The small little smoke
grew 3 times the size it was before,
and was now just black!
As we turned around to leave for home,
we got stuck!
They had blocked off Shoup to try to get to the fire.
So we turned around again
and we got stuck again because so many people
were pulling over to take pictures.
And because this whole time,
the words "forest fire" never even crossed my mind,
we decided to do the same thing!
But shortly after taking pictures,
and videos we realized how close it was getting to us.
So close in fact, that we could see the flames,
hear the crackling and roaring of the fire,
and began to feel the heat from it as well,
so we decided that it was way past time of getting out!
So we hopped in our car and waited in so much traffic,
as police were trying to guide cars to leave.
Here are some pictures from that first day...
Seriously, we were right there!
We are so stupid.
Forest fire never even crossed my mind!
The black forest community always does festivals
and things like that, and I thought that maybe there was
a big BBQ or a bonfire type of thing going on.
Upon arriving to the smoke we quickly realized that it was
a house, or barn that was on fire..
I never even thought of a forest fire!
Anyways, the week has played out to be quite crazy!
The small little smoke we saw,
quickly grew into even more than what we saw that afternoon.
It's truly heartbreaking how devastating the week has been.
[I never finished this post but
for record sake I figured I should still post it.]
"That poor house.. or barn.. whatever it is.."
There was two or three fire trucks there,
and we decided we had seen what we came for,
got a few pictures
and decided to head out.
But we were stuck!
Within the five minutes that we were there,
there was more than a dozen firetrucks and police cars.
The small little smoke
grew 3 times the size it was before,
and was now just black!
As we turned around to leave for home,
we got stuck!
They had blocked off Shoup to try to get to the fire.
So we turned around again
and we got stuck again because so many people
were pulling over to take pictures.
And because this whole time,
the words "forest fire" never even crossed my mind,
we decided to do the same thing!
But shortly after taking pictures,
and videos we realized how close it was getting to us.
So close in fact, that we could see the flames,
hear the crackling and roaring of the fire,
and began to feel the heat from it as well,
so we decided that it was way past time of getting out!
So we hopped in our car and waited in so much traffic,
as police were trying to guide cars to leave.
Here are some pictures from that first day...
Seriously, we were right there!
We are so stupid.
Forest fire never even crossed my mind!
The black forest community always does festivals
and things like that, and I thought that maybe there was
a big BBQ or a bonfire type of thing going on.
Upon arriving to the smoke we quickly realized that it was
a house, or barn that was on fire..
I never even thought of a forest fire!
Anyways, the week has played out to be quite crazy!
The small little smoke we saw,
quickly grew into even more than what we saw that afternoon.
It's truly heartbreaking how devastating the week has been.
[I never finished this post but
for record sake I figured I should still post it.]











No comments:
Post a Comment