Saturday, September 1, 2012

Flipped Upside, Inside Out

Wow. It feels like I ask myself,
"Where has the time gone?"
every single time I blog.
I often feel bad that im not the best at keeping a regular journal or blog.. but I am so excited to say
that at the beginning of the summer I bought a journal,
and made myself a goal to write at least 5 bullets in it about my day,
every single day and to complete it before school would start.
And I am very very very excited to tell you that I finished it about 2 weeks before school started!!
Of course, I missed a few days here and there,
but it was really cool to look at how much of a habit it became, 
and how my bullets have become so much more lengthy and thoughtful. 
It was a really great feeling to finish a journal cover to cover
for the first time in my life.

This Summer I also found out that I have Celiac disease.
And let me tell ya.
It is hard stuff, trying to figure out what is going on in my body,
and what I can and cant eat.
It's all a little over whelming at times.
But I have been extremely blessed to have a really great support system.
Both of my parents, both of my sisters for always finding and sending me recipes,
and same for my old voice teacher Angela Kintner, my extended family, my leaders and especially
my friends. Everyone has been so awesome.
Shoot. My best friend Sarah Nelson
decided to go gluten free for a week,
as a way of supporting me.
And I would just like to say how grateful I am for that,
at first I was pretty upset about her going gluten free,
just because anyone who knows me knows that I dont like help or pity
or anything along those lines for that matter.
But she did it anyway... And I think that it has helped me so much!
To have someone understand even a fraction of what your dealing with,
makes it that much easier.
 She is just incredible like that.
She has a way of always knowing what to do and say.
I hope she knows that she is truly one of the greatest,
most kind, caring, and loving people ever.
Sarah, means so much to me and
I cant even imagine my life without her!
So thank you Sarah for being the best friend anyone could ever ask for!! <3 <3

SO THANK YOU to anyone who has helped me along this new journey of life.
You guys are pretty incredible.

Well school is in full swing now, and I am a SENIOR!!!
WOO WOO!!

This is my last "first day of high school school" picture!
It is just so crazy to think that in less than 9 months,
I will be graduated and starting a new adventure in life..
Whatever that adventure may be.
Not gonna lie, 
it's a pretty scary thought.
I guess I should get crackin' on those applications.. :/
I have packed on a few AP classes so my schedule is a little bit fuller than
I would like, but I have a feeling that im really gonna love
them. I am taking APES (AP Environmental Science) 
and AP Psychology.
I am also taking Theatre 3,4, DP
which basically equals to an AP class.
I just wont take the test because im not in IB.
Rehearsals for the school's fall play, "Almost Maine" have also begun.
I have to kiss Jared in our scene "This Hurts"
We actually kissed a few days ago just to get that first kiss over with
because it got to a point that in all honesty it was kind of stressing me out a little bit. Haha
So at Zach's surprise party last Saturday night,
we just kissed.
Im glad that first kiss is over, so now
the rest will be easy and I wont have to think too much about it..
I hope.
Last Firday was Senior Sunrise, and it was tons of fun!




Carissa had her baby!!
Meet Kyler James Johnson
Born on August 17, 2012
at 6:14 pm
7 pounds, 5 ounces
19 inches long




One very happy Mama!
I am so proud of Carissa, she is such an example to me,
and I am so happy for her. She is so strong and beautiful. <3

So, congratulations to Kyle and Carissa, 
I am so happy for you guys!
Yall are going to be such great parents,
and I cant wait to meet the little dude! :)

I just love this outfit! It's just so stinkin cute!! 
I also love his cute little chicken legs! 

Last week, I started babysitting for the Lameroux's which I will do weekly.
And the Tuft's want to go back to weekly date nights again too, 
so hopefully I will make pretty good money to 
be able to save up for school.

Seriously the thought of college is so scary.
What if I dont get into the school I want?
Or dont have enough money to pay for it?
There are so many "what if's"...
I just want to be into my school already and start now!
haha I am definitely getting ahead of myself, cause I still have my entire senior year left.. Haha.

Last Sunday, I got a calling.
I am the Young Women's Music Director.
So I will arrange if I want the Young Women to sing in sacrament meeting,
or at New Beginnings, or things like that.
As well as every Sunday.
McKenzie is our new pianist.

This week I had to do "time for time" for English after school,
cause I missed the last few minutes of class,
but it turned out to be a huge blessing in my life
because I had a really great missionary experience with my teacher.
She watched the movie, "Mormon in America" (At least thats what I think its called)
that was shown on PBS
and she said that after it ended, she turned to her husband and told him that she wanted to become mormon. Haha she said that she has been
 watching us members of the church since and with Mitt Romney
running for President,
she has realized that she wants exactly what we have.
She loves that we focus on the family, and how we are constantly serving each other.
She said those two things stuck out the most to her.
And I love that. She had so many questions and really opened up her life to me
and shared some things that were really cool to me.
She told me that at one point in her mom's life, she was all alone with her son,
and she had moved and the members of the church
immediately took her in when no one else did. She and her son moved in with members.
They took them to church,
helped with bills when she couldnt pay everything,
brought meals into her.
 None of them asked questions about what
had happened, they just served her constantly.
She had said that when she went to visit her mom and younger brother she went to church with her mom and
sitting in sunday school with her mom, she said  it felt like "God's arms were literally around me"
she said she felt protected and loved.
I guess her mom bore her testimony in that meeting and she felt something that
she wants again and has never known how to get it back.
Her mom never joined the church.
That is of course the run down version of the story,
 I dont know why,
but this story was a huge eye opener to me.
What a blessing it is to have grown up in the church.
Her story is so saddening to me, but I think it's important to remember
that holds so much hope.
And its my prayer that I can be the Lord's messenger to help her find the truth.
You can just tell that she wants and needs the gospel in her life and she is starting to realize that.
So please pray for her and her family that they will feel of God's love,
and turn to Him for all things and trust in Him constantly.

Even though it feels kind of like my life has been flipped upside down and inside out,
I know that there is one thing that will never change.
And that is the Gospel of the Jesus Christ and my testimony of it.
I know that it is the only true church on the Earth today.
I am grateful for my trials and the experiences that have been placed in my life right now.
 I am so grateful for my older brother Jesus Christ,
and his atoning sacrifice,
so that He could feel what I feel,
and know exactly what I go through in my everyday life.
I know He knows and loves me unconditionally.
And I can always turn to him for help.
And I cannot wait to run into his arms,
and to hear him say,
"You did it. Welcome home."
And that my friends is pretty is a comforting thing to know.

Anyways, I think that catches up the majority of things going on over here since I have last blogged.
Happy Labor Day Weekend!
I hope everybody has a fun and safe
three day weekend!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment