Sunday, January 15, 2012

Five Little Fingers

Can you believe that
January is already half way over?!
Seriously, it has gone by so quickly!

ANYWAYS!

Earlier this week, I was driving somewhere,
I dont remember where to exactly,
(It could have been to voice).

But sometimes while driving,
I get frustrated with other drivers that
cut me off, or dont let me over..
Im sure you all have had the same feeling at one point or another.

But I was kind of having a rough day,
 with school back in full swing,
my nights of sleep were cut in half again,
you know the drill.

Anyways, I wasf having an off day,
nothing had really gone wrong or was bad,
but nothing was really great either.
It was the kind of day where your kinda.. Oh, whats the word??
I guess your just in the "Meh" kind of mood.
Where you dont really care about the rest of the day,
Where your ready for tomorrow to come.
Ever have those days?
Yeah, I hate them.

So, back to my story,
I was behind probably four or five other cars,
(actually there was quite a bit of traffic)
and a car was trying to get over into my lane,
so that he could turn at the light.

I watched as his blinker his blinker flipped on,
and he would start to merge before he would be quickly be cut off
as the car in my lane would speed up and not let him in.
I watched that happen a few more times.
Once he got me, I let him in, as he barely had time to get to the far lane,
and turn right at the light.

But right before he got into the far lane,
he waved as a thank you for letting him over.
Im sure this sounds dumb
and you're probably wondering what the point of this story is,
but that man completely made my day..
I didnt know him,
he didnt give me anything special or big.
But it was the simplicity of it.

I think that sometimes when we get in our cars,
and we just try to get to where were going,
and we get caught up in all the hustle-n-bustle
of everything going on around us that we tend to forget simple things
that could potentilly make someone's day.
Like a smile, a hug, or even just a wave.
I dont know if any of this even makes sense,
but I am so grateful for those five little fingers
(Okay so his fingers werent real small seeing as he was a grown man, but still)
that waved a quick thank you, and made my day.
And i doubt that he has any idea what kind of an impact he had on my day.
But after that, the rest of my day
was so much brighter.



 We got a new bishopbric!
Bishop Hart is our new bishop,
Brother Maughan in our 1st counselor
(he stayed, just got moved to first counselor),
and Brother Cochran is our new 2nd counselor.
I am really excited, they are gonna be such a great bishopbric!
I am so grateful to Bishop Spearle and Brother Chambers
for their service too.

With Bishop Hart being called,
Sister Hart was released from being the Young Womens President.
Sad huh?
BUT we have a great new presidency!
Sister Bailey is our new President,
Sister Hansen is 1st counselor,
and Sister Johnson is 2nd counselor.
And I am extremely excited about our
new Presidency.
They are going to be great! 

On another note, 
I added the 2012 Mutral Theme Song.
I love this song. It's so great.
I encourage all of you watch this,
even if you aren't in YW's or YM's.
Watch it, love it, and LIVE it.
Make it a personal goal to,
Arise, and let YOUR light shine forth!
(I hope that's not too cheesy for you! Haha)

I hope you liked it!


Anyways, I think I smell a warm homemade roll,
that has my name on it! Haha

So I hope that everyone has a great and safe Holiday tomorrow,
(and enjoy the time off work and school while you can!)

Have a great week, and Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

1 comment:

  1. i love when you update your blog! and i hope you always look for those tender mercies the lord gives to us everyday!

    ReplyDelete