Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Go in Peace"

So for the last year or so, I have been praying for peace.
And though I have been very happy, I have not felt completely at peace for a really long time.
And so by the time Girls Camp rolled around, I knew exactly what question I was going into my solo experience with.
 Through out the week leaders and other girls had told stories about how they had experiences where they needed to have faith until the very end. Some its was a week some a month. Some only a few days. But I was so confused on where my end would be.
Trying to have faith until the end of something that you dont even know what it is,
is so difficult.
I was really struggling with what I was doing wrong because I just could not recieve
that peace that I had been praying for over a year.
I was doing everything I needed to be doing.
Praying, reading my scriptures, keeping my standards, going to church and mutral.
I was so confused.
So friday came around and it was time for our solo experience.
I got my letters from home, and headed off to find a place by myself.
I pleaded with my Heavenly Father,
asking why? Why haven't you given me peace.
I was angry because I didnt understand.
As I was flipping through my scriptures, I read a quote that I had written in,
that says:
"please understand that what you feel and experience now, is not what will forever be."
and at first I kept thinking like,
yeah right.
But as I thought about it, it did bring comfort to me.
But still not peace.
Bishop Hart came by and whispered, time to go.
And he turned around to get the rest of our ward.
But I just could not believe that Heavenly Father left me there.
After doing everything he has asked me to.
I was mad that he was just gonna watch me walk away from my solo experience,
with not even a hint as to when this trial would be over.
So I looked back down to my scripturesto close them and decided to read one more verse.
(I was in Judges 18 by the way)
And the last thing that I read was, verse 6 and it said,
"Go in peace"
I was immediately overcome with peace.
I got down on my knees and said a prayer of gratitude.
I know that I was promted to read that last verse so that I  could recieve that peace that I needed.
I know that my Heavenly Father hears our prayers and I am so grateful
for my Saviors atoning sacrifice, so that He can know exactly what im going through.
I know that if we hold stong until the end, he will help us through it.
Even if it seems like he doesnt.
I know that I am a daughter of God,
who loves me and I love Him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment