Sunday, February 12, 2012

Anticipation

 Sometime I think I have a serious problem with anticipating things.
Just to name a few..
- High School Graduation
- Getting Married/ having kids
-Summer
- Movie releases
- Sometimes even school projects. (But let me explain this one so my mom doesn't go off
about why I procrastinate them if i'm excited about them. I procrastinate them because
the only reason why I am excited about them in the first place
is because I have a grand plan about all the ways 
that I could make the project really awesome. But the key word is GRAND.
My grand plans for projects are generally to difficult to do them. Or I simply loose interest. Ha ha)
- Vacations
- Results of some sort (Choir, Musical, jobs, etc)
- Holidays such as mine, a friend, or a loved one's birthday, Christmas, etc.
- And believe it or not, mom and dad, occasionally books

So what I think I am trying to get at, is that we all anticipate things. It comes naturally,
and is pretty difficult not to.
 So, currently some things are coming up in my life, 
that I am definitely anticipating!
Just like it says above,
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION! Now don't get me wrong, I have had plenty
of great times in high school, like dances, and choir, and theatre, etc.
BUT I have been going to the same school since 6th grade.
With the same people.
It's gotten pretty old, especially having the background of a military brat,
moving every few years or so.
Had my parents let me, I probably would have switched on over
to Pine Creek High School where Carissa graduated from.
Although I say that, and at the same time, I think of all the memories that I have
at DCC. It's a hard thing to think about. Because I do have great friends and have been blessed with some pretty great opportunities while at DCC.
Which leads me to my next anticipation vacation.
Four days from now, I will be in New York City.
Where I will have the opportunity to sing in Carnegie Hall with Chamber Choir.
And let me tell ya! I. AM. STOKED!
We have all been looking forward to this for so long, 
that it almost seems so surreal that it is finally here. It's almost like it feels even farther away.
We even made T-shirts to wear on our travel days! :)



It's great because even though the pretty much all say the same thing, 
they are all so different.

Everyday since we've had 10 days left we have counted down on our fingers,
cause Sarah realized we had 10 fingers! Which is just a hilarious joke we have with her now.
So my best friend Anna sent this one to each of us.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I about died laughing so hard!!
FOUR DAYS!! :)

I am currently reading the Hunger Games, 
I have like maybe 80 pages left of the second book, Catching Fire.
I definitely would recommend these books. 
I have never felt so many emotions while reading one book.
Suzanne Collins is a fantastic writer!
Hunger Games the movie comes out on March 23, 2012.
I want to go at midnight SO badly! 

This was the first trailer that came out.

And this is the second one, that I just found.

Doesn't it look fantastic?
OH and the music is phenomenal!
Read the books, they are so worth it!!
I'll have to let you know if I make it to the midnight showing or not. Ha ha

Another thing I frequently anticipate are results.
Of any kind really.
I waited to find out that I am in the spring musical.
We are doing Oklahoma. It is going to be a great show!
And even though I am just an extra, I still think it's gonna be a lot of fun.

In the fall, I auditioned for The Colorado Allstate Honor Choirs,
which I clearly didn't get into. But hopefully my senior year I will!
This was my score card.
I didn't do so hot overall but i got a 47 on my solo!!
I am so proud of myself for that. The audition is out of a 100 points and I got 66 total. Ha ha. 
I completely blanked on my intervals because of nerves.
But I am just bad at sight singing. Ha ha I am not gonna hide it. Ha ha.
But its finally starting to click with me and I am finally starting to understand,
which I am really grateful for.
I had two goals going into the audition. 
1. Get an 85 or higher overall
and
2. Get a 45 or higher on my solo.
So even though I didnt get the 85, I got the 45 and I am so proud
 of that score because I worked so hard on it.
So now it's time to focus on the hard stuff. 
Bummer. Ha ha.

Also coming up towards the beginning of March are auditions for
next years choirs at school.
We have:
Men's and Womens Choirs (Non-Audition)
Stormsingers (Audition Show Choir)
Prism (Audition Acappella)
Chambers (Audition Large Group)
and coming next year, an audition Jazz Acappella choir!
Don't worry though, i'll let you know which ones I get into.
Right now, I am currently in, Stormsingers and Chambers.
And that is ideally what I would like to be in again next year as well.

And of course I look forward to the Summer.
Hopefully I will have a job since I am only going to girls camp and probably Idaho.

I hope everybody has a great Valentines Day,
Even though I am not a huge fan of the day because I think that you should tell that special someone or whoever you love for that matter, that you love them every single day and not just once a year.

But Valentines Day just happens to be one of my best friend, Bailey's, 18th Birthday!
So Happy Birthday Bailey! It was so fun to celebrate with you last night! I love you girl! :)

Have a great week everybody! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment